WE MOVED! Our new address is 1430 Blue Oaks Boulevard, Suite 270, Roseville CA 95747

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to your common questions.

It truly depends on the parties involved and their willingness to settle. However, the soonest someone can get divorced in California is 6 months and 1 day.

Generally, it takes 6-8 weeks to have the filed documents returned from Court.

During divorce proceedings, each Party is required to do a Declaration of Disclosure of Assets. There are several forms and a process that our firm can help you with to meet this criteria.

It is a status. A Legal Separation leaves the Parties legally married, but separated. Whereas, with dissolution the Parties are no longer married after a Judgment is entered.

Yes, you can. It is a very similar process as legal separation.

Yes you may, however, you will need to seek an order from the Court to do so. We call these “move-away request for orders.”

BIC stands for Best Interest of the Child. This term is used often in custody cases. Because, the Court is focused what will be in the best interest of the child during the divorce or legal separation.

Yes, there are many apps that parents use to message back and forth with their ex-spouses or ex-partners. Some of these apps include Our Family Wizard and Talking Parents.

We do, however, Placer and Sacramento are considered our “home” courts.

Yes, there is mediation, by hiring a third-party neutral to mediate your case is an alternative to litigation. Our office will often hire these third party neutral professionals for our clients to work with our clients to help with a resolution that is amicable for everyone.

We as attorney’s will consult our clients and give our legal guidance and opinions when our client goes through mediation to help them through this experience.

Schedule a consultation today.

Contact us to discuss your case!